Wednesday, May 9, 2012

GARDEN BABIES

Our garden is barely a month old and we already have our first edible babies!


We had this little yellow squash last night for dinner and it was amazing.  I've never been a huge squash fan, but it was darn good!


Our cucumber is a little guy.  I was afraid that I plucked it too soon, but it is delicious and the seeds are the perfect size!  I hope all the cucumbers end up this small.  It's the perfect amount for two people.


I am over-the-moon excited about having my own garden and can't wait to have a wide selection of fresh veggies daily.

I've been investing much more time and energy into researching where our food is coming from and how it was grown/raised/manufactured.  I have been more and more grossed out with processed foods and the lack of information included on labels.  Having our own garden is a small step to ensure we're consuming fresh yummies and I hope everyone starts (or continues to grow) their own garden.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...