SUPPLIES NEEDED :
1. THRIFTED FRAMES : I purchased these for $0.10 each at our local Goodwill.
2. MOD PODGE : About $6 - $8. A crafters must. I'm a fan of the matte finish.
3. SPRAY PAINT : This is to paint your frames and is optional if you dig the color of your thrifted frames.
4. PAINT BRUSH : You totally have one somewhere in your house.
5. VINTAGE MAP : Purchased for $1 at an antique shop. Look for ones that are torn, they are always cheaper.
PAINT YOUR FRAMES :
1. Remove the glass and clean your frames with a damp rag. You want to make sure the frame is free from dust so the paint adheres well.
2. Spray-paint both sides of your frame with the color of your choice.
PREP YOUR MAPS AND MOD PODGE :
3. While your frames are drying you can start cutting out your maps. Lay your frame-glass on your map and trace around the edges.
PAINT YOUR MAPS :
5. I wanted each of my map cutouts to look a little different, so I mixed in a drop of food coloring with my Mod Podge.
6. Use your paintbrush and Mod Podge each of your map pieces to each of your glass pieces. A thin layer will do. Be sure to clean each of your glass pieces before Mod Podging!
7. Once your maps are dry you can frame and hang!