Sunday, August 28, 2011

COOKIN'S AND BOOKIN'S

Since moving to the country, we have been preparing all of our meals at home.  And by "we have", I mean "Joey has".  I can clean some serious dishes though.    

It only took one week of living out here to realize how much we ate at restaurants (or not at all).  I have always been a coffee-for-breakfast kind of gal, but I'm starting to realize the benefits of eating a meal before 2:00pm.

We're looking forward to finding some local produce vendors and farmers markets, but until then we're trying to eat as fresh as we can.  Our meals are typically pretty colorful.  That down there is homemade salsa, homefried tostadas (don't hate), tons of fresh veggies, and some lean, ground turkey.  We don't eat no hooves around these parts.


We found this killer book when we were unpacking that my mom gave me about 3 years ago called "The Doctors Book of Food Remedies".


I have spent the past few days finding remedies for what might ail me.  Neck pain?  Need to consume more dark green and dark orange fruits and veggies.  Preventative tooth health?  More tea.  Hangovers?  Nothing special.  Just water and time.  Damn.  Anywhos...it's totally worth leafing through.  P.S. Vitamin C prevents everything.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...