Tuesday, April 24, 2012

RECORD STORE DAY


I hope everyone visited their favorite record store on Saturday for Record Store Day!  Good Records (Dallas, TX) was having an all-day shin dig with tunes, booze, art, vintage clothing, and miscellaneous fun times.


Good Records is definitely one of my all time favorite record stores.  Their vinyl collection makes me wish I had more money.


I also received my first (mild) sunburn of the summer.  If you know me at all, then you know how much I avoid the sun sans sunscreen.  Poor planning on my part.  Gotta keep that skin protected, y'all!


There were two mobile vintage setups in attendance.  Sugar Derby - a re-purposed vintage camper...


(Love the astroturf)


...and The Vintage Mobile - a re-purposed school bus.  Love, love, love wooden hangers.  


It is definitely refreshing to see so many people supporting local businesses, and to see local businesses genuinely caring about their community.  

Listen to Lola and shop local whenever possible.  It makes the gods happy.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...