Tuesday, May 8, 2012

THE $100 STARTUP

I wrote about a book called The Art of Non-Conformity back in September, which was right after we moved to the farm (you can see that post here).  I have been hugely inspired by the author, Chris Guillebeau, and I hope you take a moment to check out his blog.

I stumbled upon The Art of Non-Conformity whilst Joey & I were making some huge life-changing choices.  We decided to move to Joey's family's tree farm so he could work on music full-time, and so I could launch my website and have more time to concentrate on creative (and hopefully money-making) ventures (blogging, sewing, photography, etc...).

We weren't sure how it was going to work out, but here we are.  I'm working from home, which allows me to have plenty of time to work on my own projects in the afternoons/evenings.  Joey works on music from sunrise to sunset (more on this coming soon).  We've started gardening.  We get to travel.  And we're able to pay the bills.

Of course, we'd love to have more money.  But I don't think that ever changes, no matter how much income you have (mo' money, mo' problems).

Anyway...Mr. Guillebeau just published a new book.  The $100 Startup.  The book "shows you how to lead a life of adventure, meaning and purpose - and earn a good living."  Sound too good to be true?  It isn't.




I just ordered the book and I can't wait to start it.  I urge you to do the same (it's only $16 on Amazon!).

I hope that one day I can be completely self sufficient in a career that I hatched myself, and I'm hustling to try to make it a reality.  I hope you are doing the same!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...