Wednesday, November 30, 2011

VINYL LOVE

We abandoned our record collection at my sister's 3rd-floor apartment when we moved last August and we finally had the strength (and car space) to tote them to the farm.  My vinyl storage is pitiful and could use some serious love.  Ashley over at The Photogramps has beautiful organization for all her this-and-thats.  Wouldn't this bookshelf make the perfect place for a record collection?


I have a cheap little faux-old-timey record player that I purchased from Target on a whim a few years back.  It's portable and the sound isn't horrible.  Plus, it has a tape deck!


I set it up right next to my work computer and have made it my mission to listen to every record I own in its entirety.  I have several un-spun albums that I acquired from my parents years ago.

The Chairmen of the Board "Give Me Just a Little More Time"...not my fave.

Tina Turner "Private Dancer"...the jam and a half.

James Taylor "Sweet Baby James"...my vocal range is pretty much one octave higher than his.  I think this makes us soulmates.


Here are some of my all-time faves, old and new (not from my parents):


1. Elvis Costello and the Attractions "Armed Forces" (The man can do no wrong)
2. David Byrne "Sounds From True Stories" (Borrowed from my bro-in-law without his knowledge...shhhh.)
3. Francoise Hardy (Untitled to the best of my knowledge.  French song birdie tunes.)
4. Sufjan Stevens "The BQE" (The artwork in/on this album is the jam....it comes with a comic book!)
5. Bill Callahan "Sometimes I Wish We Were An Eagle" (His voice is smooth like buttah)
6. The Beach Boys "Pet Sounds" (Snagged at an antique store for $5!)
7. The Microphones "The Glow Pt.2" (Gift from the hubs.  The art is perfect.)
8.  Michael Jackson "Bad" (Loved for obvious reasons.  Thrifted for $1!)

1 comment:

ashley said...

Shout outzzzzz. OKAY. I'm doing a post today. GAWD i'm a turd. Happy holidays. Hope we see you and Joey around the homestead.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...