I have a cheap little faux-old-timey record player that I purchased from Target on a whim a few years back. It's portable and the sound isn't horrible. Plus, it has a tape deck!
I set it up right next to my work computer and have made it my mission to listen to every record I own in its entirety. I have several un-spun albums that I acquired from my parents years ago.
The Chairmen of the Board "Give Me Just a Little More Time"...not my fave.
Tina Turner "Private Dancer"...the jam and a half.
James Taylor "Sweet Baby James"...my vocal range is pretty much one octave higher than his. I think this makes us soulmates.
Here are some of my all-time faves, old and new (not from my parents):
1. Elvis Costello and the Attractions "Armed Forces" (The man can do no wrong)
2. David Byrne "Sounds From True Stories" (Borrowed from my bro-in-law without his knowledge...shhhh.)
3. Francoise Hardy (Untitled to the best of my knowledge. French song birdie tunes.)
4. Sufjan Stevens "The BQE" (The artwork in/on this album is the jam....it comes with a comic book!)
5. Bill Callahan "Sometimes I Wish We Were An Eagle" (His voice is smooth like buttah)
6. The Beach Boys "Pet Sounds" (Snagged at an antique store for $5!)
7. The Microphones "The Glow Pt.2" (Gift from the hubs. The art is perfect.)
8. Michael Jackson "Bad" (Loved for obvious reasons. Thrifted for $1!)